I got my assessment result email this morning – I passed with 73%.
I’m VERY pleased with that. I really wasn’t sure I was going to hit those dizzy heights, I must say.
- Demonstration of Technical & Visual Skills
- “Complete fluency of technical and visual skills.”
- Pleased enough with that mark, though I’m not sure about “complete fluency” (if it was complete, I’d have got a higher mark…)
- Quality of Outcome
- “Highly effective work presented in a professional way, showing strong judgement. Highly effective grasp of ideas and communication of visual ideas.”
- Delighted with this, the highest relative mark of the lot… I put a lot of thought into the work itself and presentation online and offline, and am glad it paid off
- Demonstration of Creativity
- “Very good synthesis of analytical and creative thinking. Creative, takes risks with imaginative and successful outcomes. Evidence of a developing personal voice.”
- Relatively speaking the lowest mark compared to the maximum available, and this is not a huge surprise – taking risks and stretching my creative muscles is something I only really started to get comfortable with during this course
- Very pleased about the reference to developing personal voice – I do think I am getting there, slowly
- “Very articulate and self aware, very well researched. Demonstrates a developed intellectual understanding and criticality.”
- I like that, it makes me sound clever :-)
I won’t quote these verbatim but will pick out a couple of phrases that resonated:
- “This is very professionally presented submission, showing great attention to detail and pride with your work.”
- So relieved to see this – I can now admit to a recurrent anxiety I’d had ever since sending the parcel off to OCA that I hadn’t put all the photos in the right order! Turns out I was just being paranoid. Does anyone else have this?!
- “It will be good to see you continue to explore more challenging and sophisticated ideas, as you have with the ‘calendar’ assignment, where you took the opportunity to take a creative brief and really make it your own.”
- This I took as gentle encouragement to be a little more confident in pushing myself creatively – my experimentation over this course was tentative and uncertain at times, but I do feel like I’ve finally crossed over into being more confident to take risks
Just realised, passing this means that I have officially completed half of the degree.
Next I need to finish Documentary – onwards!