- Food poverty
- To depict the sensations of not knowing where your next meal is coming from: anxiety, obsession, inability to focus
- Surreal images of foodstuffs (in total comprising an emergency food bank parcel) in public places, to imply hallucinating food
I’ve shot 70% of what I need for the assignment and have started playing with processing options.
There are a couple of principles that I’ve already decided on:
- Images will be portrait but laid on a landscape backdrop – to signify tunnel vision / narrowing of focus
- Images will be very slightly angled – to signify a subtle skewing of reality
- Statistics on reasons for food bank use will be added as text overlays
However, the major processing decisions are eluding me. I just can’t decide on two particular decisions:
- Colour or black & white? (the classic!)
- Plain white background or unfocused b&w version of scene as background?
Below are four versions each of three executions. Click first image for a slideshow view.
I need peer comments…!